Monday, June 24, 2013

Astara Skin Care (amazing stuff!)

Hey everyone,
So today I am going to talk about Astara Skin Care
First off, I want to say that all of the products were really really wonderful. I felt like they lived up to their claims, the masks didn't smell bad, and they didn't feel like they were hurting my skin more than helping (extreme sensitivity makes many things not so fun to use).

 I love the brand and what they stand for. Natural organic skin care for great skin. Fab :)
 I received three masks, the Activated Antioxidant Infusion, and the Antioxidant Light Moisturizer. 

The packaging is very nice. They all came in these heavy glass (mini sized)  jars. The only thing I would change about it is that I would put the Activated Antioxidant Infusion the same dark blue jar the full sized one comes in! It shouldn't be exposed to the light logically. Antioxidants can break down when exposed to UV light and the effectiveness of any skin car product is protected when you keep it in a cool dark place! (Mini rant.. sorry -__-")

The three masks are super cool. I picked out from the many different masks to try. The ones I ultimately ended up receiving were the Blue Flame, Violet Flame and Green Papaya. 



Blue Flame; It is intended for somewhat of an acne prone skin type. A bit oily, a bit blemishy, overall in need of a detox. 

(The picture makes me hungry!!)
According to them the Blue Flame;
Provides effective powerful purification of skin's pores and surface with Tea Tree Oil and other anti-microbial botanicals. Bioactive components soothe, hydrate, nourish, and strenghten the skin's natural resistance to excessive oiliness and blemishes.

I think that what they claim is very similar to what it delivers. I unfortunately did not choose the mini travel set in which I would have received the mask brush for applying the masks. However, I managed to get on just fine with my clean fingers. 

The Blue Flame mask helped clear up any blemishes I had during the time I have been using it.


The next one I tried was the Violet Flame mask.
I love purple, so I was very tempted to try it just for that reason! Then I read about it and became even more excited. It is a skin cell renewal promoting mask!
Do I need skin cell renewal? Probably not. But I love the idea, it has to have lots of skin food ingredients to do something like promote cell turnover so it makes me happy just on paper. 


According to them the Violet Flame Enzyme Mask; 
Powerful fruit enzymes digest dead surface cells, oxygenate, and energize cell respiration, while nourishing vitamins boost skin vitality, especially to mature and weather-damaged skin.

I loved the way the mask felt (and looked) on my skin. Slightly silly but I love how I look in purple :D My skin felt super smooth and soft after I washed off the mask with warm water. I love it and would definitely suggest it for its intended purpose. 

The last Mask I got to try was the Green Papaya Nutrient Mask!  
I think that the Green Papaya Mask is the most universal.  It is recommended for all skin types and can help give anyone's skin a boost!
According to them the Green Papra Mask is;

A heavy blend of exotic fruit, tree, and herb extracts combine with antioxidant vitamins to nourish, resurface, soothe, polish, and hydrate the skin.
That sounds pretty great to me. Overall I found myself reaching for the Green Papya mask more than the other two simply because my skin needed more moisture and vitamins (it told me I promise!). My skin is not super "weather beaten" nor is it "oily". So this mask is the best fit for me. 

I do regret not trying out the Golden Flame Hydration Mask simply because it looks like it would be a wonderful mid winter treat for my skin! 


Now, the other two items.Activated Antioxidant Infusion and the Antioxidant Light Moisturizer. 

First,
The Infusion! 


I think it is one of the most unusual products I have tried yet. It is not a moisturizer, but in the summer I can get away with using it as such and just layering my sunscreen on over it. 
It definitely makes my skin more even and I really like the texture and moisture it gives my skin. 
I just don't know what to do with it. It it almost like a cream based skin serum! I think that would probably be the best way to explain it. 


According to them the Activated Antioxidant Infusion; This potent repair cream is healthy, nourishing, and balancing food for all skin types. Featuring time-released delivery over five hours as well as powerful antioxidants such as Green Tea, Borage Seed Oil, and Vitamins C and E, this nearly weightless emulsion achieves profound penetration and encourages cellular repair for all skin types.
I really do love it as a serum if I can call it that. 

The Antioxidant Light Moisturizer is also pretty fab! It feels wonderful on the skin, a bit of a gel like consistency  Has a natural level of UV protection. They don't give an SPF rating which is ok, just wish I knew what they meant by "Medium UV protection" in numbers! It even seems like it would have a certain level of "acne fighting power" due to the inclusion of naturally antibacterial ingredients. 

According to them;
A blend of bio-active Green Tea Extract, Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamins A and E, and healing antibacterial essential oils help protect the skin from free radicals, environmental toxins and sun damage. Great for everyday as antioxidants provide natural medium UV protection.

I think that overall Astara Skin Care outlived my expectations in every way. But, Unfortunately, they are not priced for the everyday college student. At about $30 a 1.3 oz mask I might have to reallocated funds for a bit in order to rationalize purchasing one. However, I find that it might be completely worth it! Life has all kinds of terrible things that cause "free radicals" to take a toll on your skin. An antioxidant mask once a week can help reverse the effects of the free radicals. 

All in All if you have the money Astara Skin Care is the way to go. The products were amazing and I have nothing negative to say about them. I give them an A!

Check out Astara on their web site here 
On Facebook 
On Twitter 
And on Pinterest  
Thats about it! 


Until Next Time,
GLITTERPUKKEE :D 


Don't forget to follow me as well :DD (and this blog you are reading too!!!)Facebook GlitterPukeeFollow me on Twitter  Disclosure: All opinions expressed are my own with exception of where I have directly copied information from the sponsor's site. I have been sent this product/products for the purpose of review and review only. I am not being paid to say nice things about their products nor am I being compensated in any way. I was not required to post a positive review about this product. I am not being paid to include links. They are included for reader convenience.




3 comments:

  1. Those sound like some really great products! I'll have to check them out. I bet they smell great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i will try these products....any advice for african american skin though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chie, skin type is not determined by color or gender, but by the quality of the skin. Some African American people have oily skin, some dry and some combination just like all other males and females. Choose your skin care products by the quality of your skin. Astara makes products specifically for oily, dry and normal skin types and many products are suitable for everyone. Check the website www.AstaraskinCare.com

    ReplyDelete

I do my best to read every single comment and reply to as many as I can. I appreciate your feedback on my posts greatly. So if you have something to say, GO FOR IT :)