Monday, February 24, 2014

Woolzies (a college students best friend)

Hello everyone! 
I am doing the thing! I would like to share with all of you an amazing product I found while getting ready to go to college. What I didn't know was how much money it would end up saving me. 

Woolzies are wool dryer balls that increase overall agitation in the clothes dryer to allow for a shorter dry time. This means that the terrible dryers that are here on campus do not win the laundry battle! I have heard so many stories about other students using the dryers and having to put clothing back through them more than three times. Not only is it a waste of money it is a waste of energy. With Woolzies the only issue I have ever had with driers is that my clothing is TOO dry! Imagine that, other's laundry comes out wet and mine is overly crisp. Its kind of ridiculous if you think about it. 
Woolzies according to their site: Woolzies are pure handmade New Zealand wool dryer balls that soften your laundry naturally without any of the chemicals of conventional fabric softeners. Unlike the plastic dryer balls, they are PVC free and won’t fall apart or melt on you.  Woolzies save time and energy by cutting down on drying time by an average of 25% per load. They also help reduce static and wrinkles.
Use Woolzies to snuggle up with naturally downy soft laundry that’s completely free of harmful chemicals.  Woolzies are also hypo-allergenic and totally safe for people with wool sensitivities as they will not shed onto your laundry.
Unlike even natural dryer sheets and liquid fabric softeners, Woolzies last for 1,000 loads and are therefore extremely eco friendly. So why risk your health and waste your money with regular fabric softeners when you can save time, energy and money with all natural pure Woolzies!

How much do they cost? About $35. Whoaahhhh says the poor college student, $30???? I can barely afford to do my laundry in the first place! [they now offer $19.99 packs of three]
Well, think about it this way, you do laundry about once a week, for two semesters a year, for four years. If every other time you do laundry you have to put clothing back through the dryer it will cost you an extra approximately ~$1.50. 
Lets do the math, about 30+ loads of laundry a year, 15 of those have to be run twice. So that is $22.50 just in one year. Now, for four years...thats NINETY DOLLARS!!!!!! How does that $30 pack of dryer balls sound to you now? 
Even better, you will be able to use them for YEARS after that, each set is good for a thousand loads, that means when you are no longer living on college campus and your laundry costs are no longer subsidized you can still save money. I only use three in each load because I do laundry every week and a half. I use all six when I wash my bedding. I have NEVER put a load of bedding or towels through the dryer more than once. Even for those who own their own washer and dryer it will save you money, drying faster means you can use shorter cycles and save money on your enegry bill. If anyone's laundry usage is like that of my parent's house I can promise it will make a difference. When you are running at least a load of laundry every two days the energy usage stacks up. 

Although I have an obsession with my laundry smelling clean through the use of dryer sheets, my friends who don't use them noticed that after borrowing half of my Woolzies set their clothing was considerably softer and less staticky. They are marketed as 100% Pure Natural Laundry Softener   . 
Each pack of Woolzies dryer balls comes with six balls, they are safe for even those with wool allergies to use. I am so excited about these dryer balls that I feel like I am coming off as a sales crazed rep. But, I promise I am not. I think everyone should be able to save money. 

Please check out this amazing product? 

Until Next Time, 

GLITTERPUKEE!!!!

The Woolzies website
Check them out on Facebook
And on Twitter



Don't forget to follow me as well :DD (and this blog you are reading too!!!)

Facebook GlitterPukee

Follow me on Twitter

  Disclosure: All opinions expressed are my own with exception of where I have directly copied information from the sponsor's site. I have been sent this product/products for the purpose of review and review only. I am not being paid to say nice things about their products nor am I being compensated in any way. I was not required to post a positive review about this product. I am not being paid to include links. They are included for reader convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do my best to read every single comment and reply to as many as I can. I appreciate your feedback on my posts greatly. So if you have something to say, GO FOR IT :)