Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Review: Sally Hansen Salon Effects


Hey everyone!
Another review here!!
This time it is Sally Hansen Salon Effects, and I know that there has been a lot of love/hate relationships with sticker/nail strip type manicures. But I wanted to share since I was sent it to review via Influenster. I love the concept, the excution however was not quite up to par with what I had hoped for. I have very slender nails, and the fact that the strips either completely covered both my nails or cuticles or bared covered half my nail was not a fun compromise. I felt that there were not enough choices in size for those of use with "smaller" nails.
I did however like the convenience of not having to wait for my nails to dry. Not have to wait till the NEXT day to stamp a zebra print design over my nails. Spend and  hour+ on my nails going through the various phases of base coat...wait....color...wait....color...wait....color..wait...top coat..wait forever just in case. I like the ease of use despite the fact that I messed up a few strips in the process. I would recommend this product but I think that it has a definite learning curve to it. And for me it seems to be a fairly steep one. I think that results will vary depending on the condition that your nails are currently in. All in all it is a fairly good product. 

As per Influenster:

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips

Don't Get Stuck With a Sticker!

Nothing feels or wears like real nail polish. Now Sally makes it easy to get Salon Effects anytime, any place using real nail polish – with no dry time! Don’t settle for plastic imitations that peel off. We’re the real thing. Just peel, apply & file! Learn more at www.sallyhansen.com


  • No dry time
  • Lasts up to 10 days
  • Removes easily with nail polish remover
  • 40 must-have styles


Where to Buy

Available at chain drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers nationally.
Suggested Retail Price: $9.99


What the package includes...

the different sizes of strips that are included in the pack.. to think that I needed most of mine to be between the sizes of the 5 before the last one to the right (not including my thumb of course!)

 
The strip engulfing my nail/cuticles...

Good thing it cleans up well!

Obvious gapping where the strip wasn't wide enough



Thanks for reading,
I hope this illustrated approach sits well with you guys, in this case I feel that pictures do speak for all the thousands of words I could write. 


Until Next time,
GLITTERPUKEEE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do my best to read every single comment and reply to as many as I can. I appreciate your feedback on my posts greatly. So if you have something to say, GO FOR IT :)