Sunday, November 4, 2012

Previse Skin Care REVIEW!!

Hey Ya'lll!!!
I am back (not really) 

Quickie update, I have been on a bit of a blog hiatus because I am applying to colleges for my bachelor's degree. It is a pain in the but to do but I have to write a million and one essays to apply to each school and a million more so I MIGHT have some money to go to those schools!!!
So, it is eating up all of my blogging time, and for that I apologize  I have not forgotten but instead have been crazy stressed!  My skin has taken a beating because of it but this set was there to see me through!



     This is a review of the Previse skin care line. It is a concept similar to that of Skin ID or any other quiz based classification line. Where does it differ from the other lines? Ingredients!
As per the site:


To join Previse we invite you to take our Personal Skin Care Consultation. After your diagnostic evaluation, you have an opportunity to purchase products, create a Previse profile, and engage with other passionate Previse members. Our Previse diagnostic tool evaluates over eleven key factors to determine the optimal products for your three-minute, three-step regimen.
First thing we evaluate is your skin pigment or melanin. During your consultation you will be asked questions about your resting state (baseline) melanin, and your activated (new) levels of melanin. The diagnostic tool considers your tendency to develop skin problems, including melanoma, based on your family history. Previse also considers your personal experiences with environmental overexposure including sunburns. Finally, to aid our recommendation, we ask for the regional zone where you live and your skincare history.
Our skin is our single largest organ. We try to eat right, exercise, take nutritional supplements, and drink plenty of water to stay healthy and fit. At Previse, our custom recipes blend botanicals with nutritive, aromatic and hydrating ingredients in hand-crafted, small batches. We ship you the freshest product with the highest potency for the ultimate benefit.
At Previse, our passion is prevention. We invite you to join us on our mission, and take your Personal Skin Care Consultation today.



If that doesn't sound awesome I don't know what does. Now, that is a lot of talk..but do the products deliver? When I started using these products about two months ago I was doubtful how well a set picked based on a quiz would work for my skin. Some algorithm is going to pick out my facewash? Oh god!

What I recieved was a bottle of Purify, Nutrify and Defend. Here are their descriptions of the products before I go and tell you guys what I think!
Who has time for a lengthy skin care ritual? Mornings are full of activity to get the day started while in the evening, after a long day, there just doesn't seem to be time. We were challenged to find a simple, yet thorough, skin care regimen that lives up to our passion for prevention.
Previse three-minute Skin Health is our solution. We invite you to join us.
1st - Replace your current cleanser with Previse Purify. As a first step, Purify aids in gently removing dead skin cells, excess oil, and other contaminants from your skin. Unlike bar, liquid soaps and make-up removers that may contain harsh surfactants or detergents, our Purify recipe is gently blended with a healthy mixture of aromatic botanicals and silky emollients that do not irritate or disturb your skin’s delicate lipid balance.
2nd - Nourish your skin with Nutrify. Our closely guarded recipe hydrates skin and helps promote cellular regeneration. With healthy doses of hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5, and red algae, Nutrify helps fight free radicals and waterborne pollutants or additives like chlorine.
3rd - We offer our pre-sun Defend solution to help prevent skin damage from sun exposure while aiding in the protection of cellular DNA. Our ZeroSilicone™ recipe is free of harsh preservatives, skin clogging silicones, petroleum and synthetic oils. As with all Previse products our Defend fragrance is derived from natural sources so it is non-lingering while providing aromatherapeutic benefits.

So, again, sounds amazing? I personally LOVE the set. I was categorized as type 3. Purify is a wonderfully invigorating face wash that smells minty and feels fresh. It leaves my skin feeling clean but I do feel that I need a good scrub down once or twice a week. 
I have taken to using a makeup wipe before washing my face to make sure that all of the makeup goes bye Bye! It foams wonderfully and does not feel like it leaves anything on your skin after you wash it off.
Nutrify was an odd product to me. You are instructed to take 5 drops in the palm of your hand and then rub your hands together to emulsify the product. You gently apply it to your skin and it should feel damp.
Huh?
Ok, well that does not make sense in comparison to MOST step 2 products. I think of a toner as my step 2...not some serum like product. 
It does leave the skin feeling very nice, it has a nice chamomile scent to it! I love the bottle which is glass with a dropper cap. 
Defend. Defend feels dry to my skin, I had been using an oil based product for my skin for a few months when I started to use this product. I still do not feel that my skin has completely compensated for the change. It smells wonderful, like the first two products combined. The company does say that it is "Pre-sun" but I put on a suncreen product anyhow. I think that I would want a heavier product now that we are going to be heading into the winter months. 

Overall verdict? I LOVE IT!! Why will I probably never order again and go back to my sucky face washes once I am done? The price!!!
This is not by any stretch of the imagination a bargain brand!!!!!!!!!!! The moisturizer is $48! 
The set total is $130?? O.O
I am sorry. As much as I adore this set, it costs almost as much as a text book!!! As a college kid I spend that much on food for more than a week!!!
I wish more than anything that I could afford this. But there is no way it will happen. For those of whom can afford these products, PLEASE DO IT!! They will change your skin forever!! I will unfortunately not be repurchasing in the future. I will have to go back to my less than perfect skin and not quite as smoothy smoothness of my face :(
Good bye, farewell, I thank you all for coming!
I hope this was an informative review. 
Until next Time
GLITTERPUKEE!!!!!!!!


Don't forget to follow me :DD (and this blog you are reading too!!!)

https://www.facebook.com/Leah.GlitterPukee

https://twitter.com/#!/lelalu100  


Disclosure: 

All opinions expressed are my own with exception of where I have directly copied information from the sponsor's site. I have been sent this product/products for the purpose of review and review only. I am not being paid to say nice things about their products nor am I being compensated in any way. I was not required to post a positive review about this product. I am not being paid to include links. They are included for reader convenience.


5 comments:

  1. Great review thank you for sharing.I am going to have to check these out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I like your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're cute :P Thats really interesting how its customized like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name lol, and the review is awesome, thanks for that and such honestly, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the great and honest review! I appreciate all the detail so i can make an informed decision regarding purchasing the product! This is the first I have heard of Previse, but it sounds wonderful and I love would love to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I do my best to read every single comment and reply to as many as I can. I appreciate your feedback on my posts greatly. So if you have something to say, GO FOR IT :)