Thursday, June 21, 2012

Zulugrass Jewelery: Review :)

Hey everyone,
I know I have been saying that I am a Fashion/beauty blogger. But I do not get the chance to review a whole lot of fashion type things. But, Today I have something more than just pretty. It has a beautiful cause behind it.  


      Zulugrass Jewelry has the goal of empowering the Maasai Women. They hand dye the grass beads in brilliant jewel colors. 5% of the proceeds directly benefit the women and their community. 'The Leakey Collection is a Fair Trade Certified company that designs and manufactures contemporary jewelry, beauty oil, and home decor producrs. The products are all hand-crafted by Maasai Artisans of Kenya.'  http://www.leakeycollection.com/story-of-the-maasai

I love the look and feel of these multi-use single strands. I am a bit nervous about stretching them too far and having the beads fly everywhere. I tend to worry about bracelets dying on me like that. They are multi-use. Head band, bracelet, necklace, choker, hair elastic/tie, Waist *lace* (it gets shimmied down so that is floats around your waist above you hips .. this is for the skinny minis of the world!! I cannot imagine getting it to my waist and being comfortable like that).. These are a fun alternative to fancy jewelry. They do well during the day and night (I tested this claim at a friends party!) and I plan on using one of the four single strands as a friendship bracelet. :)  

    All in all these are a fun way to go about accessorizing. :D I LOVE THEM!! And I believe they are waterproof? At lease I forgot I was wearing one and ended up teaching swim lessons while wearing it. It was pretty much A ok. But, I would never risk my adorable bracelet/necklace strands like that one purpose. Definitely check these out!!! Look at mine here! 

 These are my GO TO accessory for the summer. I cannot imagine going to the beach without something fun on and these are just that!!! (Found out that they Water proof and color fast) so I am anxious to show off my Zulugrass singles on the by the water.

    They picked out one of each of Turquoise Gem, Lilac, Juicy Orange and Sunshine for me. Usually the strands come in two packs of closely colored strands.   As per their site description of the singles: 

Two gorgeous coordinating 26" Zulugrass Single Strands made from grass beads dyed with low-impact dyes and strung on durable elastic. Waterproof and color fast. So versatile, they can be worn long as a necklace, shortened with our sterling silver necklace clasp, wound 4 times around your wrist as a bracelet, or more. See our Ways to Wear Video on our home page for more ideas.Mix and match with our other Eco-Chic Hangtags or other Zulugrass Single Strand sets for a jewelry wardrobe to match any outfit.Packaged on our TLC hangtag. Great for yourself or any gift-giving occasion.

These are fun  summer accessories that I feel no guilt in reccomending. The are a bit of a splurge in my mind (as a teen with little income, I could buy two singles sets in one baby sitting job. But some of the other items on the site would require just a few more >..<). I know however that $20 is not as much to most people as it is to me. Hopefully when I get there I can spend some real money on all of the Zulugrass accessories I want!!!
 
I hope this is a helpful review! Read more about their mission *here*  

Follow them on Facebook

Follow them on Twitter 

 Until next time

GLITTERPUKEE!!!!!!!!

Disclosure:

All opinions expressed are my own with exception of where I have directly copied information from the sponsor's site. I have been sent this product/products for the purpose of review and review only. I am not being paid to say nice things about their products nor am I being compensated in any way. I was not required to post a positive review about this product.


4 comments:

  1. These are trendy. I love the vibrancy of different colors.. very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful. And, I love the idea of supporting the Maasai women. :) Thank you for finding and sharing this company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck. physican fax solutions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to all, іt's truly a fastidious for me to go to see this web page, it contains important Information.

    Feel free to visit my site ... crear facebook

    ReplyDelete

I do my best to read every single comment and reply to as many as I can. I appreciate your feedback on my posts greatly. So if you have something to say, GO FOR IT :)